Monday, August 24, 2009

Jenson Button happy for teammate Rubens Barrichello


Rubens Barrichello on Sunday ended a 5 year drought by winning the Valencia Grand Prix capitalising on bad McLaren pitstops and the car supremacy that Brawn GP has possessed this season.

Although Barrichello cut his teammate’s lead by a huge margin, Jenson Button who finished seventh in the race was upbeat about his teammate. Rubens was able to cut 8 points in this one race. Jenson Button was quoted as saying :

“It ended up as a bit of struggle for me, but I take more positives than negatives from this one – and it is great to see Rubens winning. The team have asked me to push harder now if I want to win the title”

“Yeah, it is very unusual for your team-mate to take eight points out of you in one race. Rubens did a fantastic job.

“He has been very quick all weekend and I have struggled to be on his pace. But in qualifying I screwed up, which cost me time. I double shifted out of Turn Five and hopefully we can rectify that problem as I did it in the race as well.

“Starting fifth, I thought we could have a good race, but Vettel came across at the start and if I had stayed flat I would have ripped my front wing off. So, being back in the pack – although I know fifth is not back in the pack – it was a bit crazy.

“In a way, I got two points and I was lucky to get those points. I was down in ninth at one point, behind Webber, and with Sebastian up in fifth.

“But in the end neither of them got points and I got two points, so it is a positive day — but it is also a day where our car was strong and, as my team-mate proved, there were a lot more points on offer and it just didn’t go my way.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home