Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Headache Game..

On last Saturday morning finding difficult to get up from bed, I pulled myself up to accompany my cousin for a scrabble tournament at some club.
As with any other tournament same happened over here also, the scheduled starting time of 9:45 was postponed by 45minutes and the turn around was also very poor. I was playing this game for the first time in my life and was eager to look how the board looked like. Something similar to Chess board but with some scoring pattern mentioned in it. Seven tiles for each player and one need to form two letter and above words using the tiles. Each tile contains an alphabet and score for the same. Some guys argued luck does not play a factor but from a bag of tiles if you are to pick 7 tiles then one can count the probability and it definitely turns out to be a game of luck with a little knowledge of SCARBBLE WORD DICTIONARY and remember there are many words added in this which can never find its way to OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY.

The first round I played I dont even know I won the game pretty easily. I was able to arrange some words with my opponent explaining the rules to me inbetween the game. There was one term called BINGO and never got an oppurtunity for that. BINGO is a word to be formed with all the seven tiles you got at a particular point of time during the game.

The second round was all fun and thats where I learnt new words EO, EE, AA, ZO, QI, AB and my opponent was a professional who plays the game daily in their office. Do you think I run a chance of winning the game?? Absolutely not and I lost the game very badly. In this round I also found the rules confusing me.

I found it to be a total waste of time and had to be content with a headache!

Before the third round was to begin my bro & myself ran out of the venue and out for lunch which was more soothing. A game of chess would have helped my thinking ability far more.

I dont think I would be returning to that board of word game again in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home