Thursday, July 30, 2009

Past Affairs!!

I usually don’t blog about current affairs (that’s because I usually have no idea what’s happening in the world), but this video on YouTube caught me today. It’s brilliant. Just listen to the deep, insightfull answer that this beauty queen has to offer.

Watched it? I’ll wait till you finish. Done? OK.

I felt very nostalgic after watching this video.

Anyway, this girl finished 4th. She juuuusstt missed the 3rd place crown. Can you believe that? After giving that answer! That can mean only one thing. The judges had no idea either. They were probably looking for some keywords in the answer (like “US”, “education”, “build our future” etc…). Much like the N.K. “model answers”.

The point I’m trying to make is that these Beauty Pageants are not very different from Engineering Exams. No one knows what the questions mean, the same few keywords can be used for all the answers, the judges need to see lots of figures and curves and in the end, how many marks you get doesn’t matter at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home