Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Dream Career

When I was little, I wanted to be a Bus Conductor. I passionately wanted the job. Just imagine! Riding in a bus all day, everyday. And playing around with all that small change! I loved the sound the coins made when the conductor shuffled the purse looking for change.

I still remember discussing my career plans with my Dad.

Me: “Dad, I want to be a Bus Conductor when I grow up”
Dad (from behind a newspaper): “Very good. Very ambitious.”
Me: “Yeah. Then I will have lots of coins. I will be rich!”
Dad: “Why don’t you try to become something where you’ll get lots of notes instead?”
Me: “I don’t like notes. They don’t make a nice sound. I like coins better.”
Dad: “You have a very bright future ahead.”

I wanted to be Restaurant Waiter, Cricket Batsman, Telephone lineman, Pilot and Nuclear Physicist at various points during my schooling years. Years later, when it finally came down to joining an Engineering course, I decided to do Software Engineering, simply because they seemed to be getting the most money. This was back in 2004, at the height of the dot-com boom. 2 Years after , the dot-com bust came and evaporated all the dreams of big money. I was mentally preparing myself to go into my backup career plan – further studies to pursue a MBA.

One year into college and it became clear that I was not MBA material. I barely managed to pass some subjects – getting 35, with grace in a subject I managed up to 40, which was the minimum passing mark. I had lot of trouble writing 8-mark answers, which were expected to be at least four page long. There was no way I was going to be able to write a full thesis or a case Study in MBA.

Unfortunately for me, when graduation time came in 2009,yes juss 15 days back i finishd, the software industry was rapped in recession.

I hold to pursue yet another career – I want to write a Bollywood movie now. Seriously. I’m hoping to cast Rakhi Sawant in it.What a show she is owning on NDTV -Rakhi ka Swamvar!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home